I already explained how to make the URL of your public address look good on LinkedIn. Here’s how to customize links to websites so it doesn’t say “my company” or “my website”.
Here’s how easy it is
- Log into your LinkedIn account
- Go to the menu at the top and select “Profile” >> “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Websites” (just below “Connections”)
- LinkedIn will jump to “Additional Information ”, click on “edit”
- Next to “Websites” use the scroll down menu and select “other”
- LinkedIn will instantaneously add a second field and you can input the name of your website, blog or company (e.g. “Your Swiss CV”)
- In the second field add the Internet address (e.g. “http://www.yourswisscv.com“)
- You can add up to three websites
- Don’t forget to scroll down and click “save changes”
That’s it! Now go back to your profile and see if you like it.
Not sure why you should do this?
First of all, it looks more interesting and therefore makes you more interesting to the visitors of your profile. But it also shows that you take the time to improve things instead of being happy with what you automatically get.
After all, you never know when a future employer or customer visits your profile.
Something you can do right now
- Follow the instructions in this article and customize the links to your websites
- Customize your LinkedIn Profile Address if you haven’t done this yet